Bariatric / Weight Loss Surgery
Weight gain has become like a disease throughout the whole world. You can gain weight for many reasons. But if you want to go for a weight loss surgery, then you have to find out whether you are the right candidate for it or not?
So who are the right candidates for weight loss surgery?
- Efforts to lose weight with diet and exercise have been unsuccessful
- You are suffering from extreme obesity as your body mass index (BMI) is 40 or higher
- You are suffering from obesity as your BMI is 35 to 39.9 and you have a serious weight-related health problem, such as type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure or severe sleep apnea
- You are more than 100 lbs. over your ideal body weight.
Benefits of Weight Loss Surgery
The weight loss surgery acts as an effective tool to provide with long term weight-loss resulting in increase of quality of health. These surgeries have also acted as a means to improve or resolve many obesity-related conditions, such as type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, and more.
Adding to improving health and longevity, surgical weight-loss also improves overall quality of life, which includes physical functions such as mobility, self-esteem, work, social interactions.
Bone Marrow Transplant
The soft, gelatinous tissue filling the medullary cavities at the centers of bones containing immature cells called the stem cells is known as the Bone Marrow.
There are two types of bone marrow, Yellow Bone Marrow also known as Fatty Tissue and Red Bone Marrow also known as Myeloid Tissue.
The majority of red blood cells, platelets, and most of the white blood cells are formed in the red marrow while only a few of them are formed in the yellow marrow. Bone Marrow is important for:
- Circulatory System
- Red Blood Cells
- White Blood Cells
- Lymphatic System
- Immune System
Why is Bone Marrow Transplant Needed?
The goal of a bone marrow transplant is to cure many diseases and types of cancer. When the doses of chemotherapy or radiation needed to cure a cancer are so high that a person’s bone marrow stem cells will be permanently damaged or destroyed by the treatment, a bone marrow transplant may be needed. Bone marrow transplants may also be needed if the bone marrow has been destroyed by a disease.
What are some diseases that may benefit from bone marrow transplant? The following diseases are the ones that most commonly benefit from bone marrow transplant:
- Severe aplastic anemia
- Multiple myeloma
- Immune deficiency disorders
- Some solid-tumor cancers
Our hospitals specialized Centre that deals with diagnosis and treatment of congenital heart defects, coronary artery disease, heart failure, valvular heart disease and electrophysiological abnormalities.
Major Treatments Offered:
- Minimally Invasive Heart Surgery
- CABG – Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting
- Beating Heart Bypass Surgery
- Redo Bypass Surgery
- Complex Mitral Valve Repair
- Aortic Valve Replacement
- Complex Aortic Surgery
- Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation
- Correction of Congenital Heart Diseases
- Beating heart & off pump surgery.
- Cardiac Surgery in Elderly People (Above 75 years of age)
- TAVI – Trans catheter Aortic Valve Replacement
Non Invasive Cardiology
- 2D and 4D Echocardiography
- TTE (Trans Thoracic Echocardiography)
- TEE (Trans Esophageal Echocardiography)
- Dobutamine Stress Echo
- Holter Monitoring
- TMT (Tread Mill Test)
- 24 hour ambulatory BP monitoring
- 24 hour mobile Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) equipment
- Angiography – Coronary, Carotid, Peripheral, Renal
- Angiography – Coronary, Carotid, Peripheral, Renal
- Angioplasty – Coronary (PTCA with or without stents), Carotid Peripheral, Renal
- Pacemaker Implantation – Temporary/ Permanent
- Treatment of Septal defects – ASD, VSD, PDA Device Closure, PDA Coil Closure
- AICD (Automatic Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator
- CRT (Cardiac Resynchronisation Therapy)
- DSA (Digital Subtraction Angiography)
- Electrophysiology Study (EPS)
- Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA)
- BMV (Balloon Mitral Valvuloplasty)
- BPV (Balloon Pulmonary Valvuloplasty)
Ophthalmology is the branch of medicine that deals with the anatomy, physiology and diseases of the eye. An ophthalmologist is a specialist in medical and surgical eye problems. Since ophthalmologists perform operations on eyes, they are both surgical and medical specialists.
- Fully equipped chair unit with slit lamps, auto- refractometer
- IOL Services with Conventional ECCE with IOL
- SICS with IOL
- Phaco emulsification with foldable & multifocal IOLs
- Glaucoma services with Humphry’s Automated Perimetry
- Indirect Ophthalmoscopy
- ROP screening & Diabetic Retinopathy Screening
- Contact lenses clinic
Cancer Care and Prevention
Our hospitals include facilities to provide high-quality cancer care including preventive, medical, surgical and radiation oncology by using latest technology and treatment protocols.
The key areas of cancer care will include:
- Early Cancer Detection Centre
- Medical Oncology
- Radiation Oncology
- Surgical Oncology
- Gynaec Oncology
- Pediatric Oncology
- Breast Centre
- Cancer Education & Research
The Oncology Center will be providing treatment with the State of the Art Radiation Oncology equipment, Chemotherapy & Immunotherapy as per the latest developments and protocols in the United States. Medical Oncology will be using the latest treatment according to national and international protocols.
Kidney Transplant or Renal Transplant is a procedure in which a person with completely failed kidneys will receive a kidney from a healthy person who has both the kidneys working in good condition. Thus, after the surgery both the man can continue to lead a healthy and normal life. The person receiving the kidney is called a “recipient” & the person donating the kidney is called a “donor”. After the transplant, the healthy kidney (the “graft”) takes over the functions of nonworking kidneys in the recipient.
Reasons for Kidney Transplant:
Kidney failure is most often a result of uncontrolled High Blood Pressure or High Diabetes. Untreated kidney failure can have a large impact on the person’s Heart and over all body functions.
- Diabetes mellitus
- High blood pressure
- Polycystic Kidney Disease
- Severe anatomical problems of the urinary tract
The need for a Renal Transplant arises when a person’s kidneys have lost all their functions and the Kidneys function is being managed artificially by the help of Dialyzing Machines. Kidney transplant remains the only cure for chronic kidney disease (CKD) or end-stage renal disease (ESRD).
Benefits & Advantages:
- No longer be bound to dialysis schedules
- Increased strength, stamina, and energy
- Lead a relatively normal lifestyle
- Have a normal diet and more normal fluid intake
- Anemia, a common problem with kidney failure, might be corrected after transplantation
- Reduced medication post-transplant if you have hypertension (high blood pressure)
Ayurveda is a form of herbal based alternative medical system. The ancient wisdom – Ayurveda, which has been developed over the 5000 years, is capable of overcoming several diseases, which have been termed as “incurable” by modern health-care system. Western Medicine Organizations have classified Ayurveda as Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM).